Friday, October 17, 2008

Blog post #6: Biodata

I am currently a NUS undergraduate from Science faulty, majoring in Chemistry. Being a disciplined and scientific person, I am interested in doing experiments and exploring new things. By taking up Diploma in Industrial Chemistry at Singapore Polytechnic in 2003, I have gain a lot of hands on experiences in this area. I obtained an A grade during my attachment in a German fragrance and cosmetic company. In the process, I had learned how to do stability testing on fragrance products like shampoos, shower creams, etc. In addition to that, I got to do basic composition of cologne/perfumes, and research on how long the fragrances on the products could last, etc. In my final year project in Polytechnic, it had enriched my research skills and enabled me to me more organised and rational.

4 comments:

Seow Teng said...

Hi peipei,

Your biodata carries an appropriate tone and is clear. I think your biodata has a good mix of skills, qualities and experiences. Perhaps you can include your personal interests and future direction. It will give the reader a clearer picture of you. From your biodata, it shows that the hands on experiences you gained in your attachment had enhanced the area of research skill in your final year project, which is good.

Cheers
Seow Teng

grace kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grace kim said...

Hi Pei Pei,

Looks like you have quite a lot of hands-on experience doing research work especially in the cosmetics industry. However, instead of telling us what you have learnt, rephrase your ideas to show a description of your skill or achievements eg. “Have ... years of experience in the stability testing of fragrance products... “ or “Possess the ability to carry out basic composition of ...”.
What about any other skills/achievements in other areas?

Do be careful of your tenses :-)

Divya said...

Hi Pei Pei!

The attitude and approach in your biodata seems appropriate. You have clearly, stated out your area of interest. I can see that you have described your technical skills in detail. I believe your biodata will be complete, if you add a few lines about your self as an individual.